buildersinventions

The home for inventors in the construction industry

Hello everyone,

I started BuildersInventions after I lost my shirt on my invention, the Cordsnake. I had met so many great builds-inventors at the trade shows and I knew that we all needed a place to meet.

The original BINV had an online store. That worked well enough. But I had to pay a webmaster to make any changes. ANd I collected the money and then paid the members for any sales. That was way too time consuming.

These problems can now be solved by using Wordpress as the website platform Members who have products for sale can have a link to their own shopping cart/PayPal/Stripe account. You get paid and take care of your product fulfillment.

I'd like to link this new site with inventor education services. We can add a forum/question board. There are some great new applications available these days.

Just to let you all know, I am working on a way to connect you with your core market of contractors. I am expanding the very successful Santa Cruz Construction Guild to new areas. This is my main focus. Go visit www.santacruzconstructionguild.us . There is a link to BINV in the right column.

The new website platform for this project is designed to be operational all over the country. No guarantees, but it's looking good. So this will give you direct exposure to your core customers; contractors.

What do you want to see in the new and improved BINV?

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An additional thought regarding sales of products would be creating a store on Amazon or possibly Ebay. These sites already have traffic and have the potential to drive traffic back to your site.

Good idea. Because the BuildersInventions.com domain name is 'aged' it has really good Google results. The ideal strategy is to rebuild this site with a forum, teaching/learning part, an online store with members having their own direct payment system. Then look at adding Amazon and Ebay.  

I do not want to handle payments and order fulfillment. That belongs to the members. I don't think I can set up an Amazon or Ebay store where the individual products are routed to individual member checkout? Any ideas on that?

Mike,

I talked to my web designer and he said there is system called a multi-store e-commerce site that can be put together. I'm guessing it could be within or coupled with this site too. It allows you to have multiple inventors selling their products. It appears as one store but when a customer picks a product from any of the inventors the order goes to that inventor and not you. So taking care of the ordering and shipping is done by the inventor and not you. There's more to it but that you'd need to discuss with a web designer.

Jeff

There may be an opportunity to cross link your site and mine. Mine will have the education part you were interested. Shoot me your direct email address to innovatorsatlas@gmail.com and I'll set you up with a preview.

Jeff,

The multi-store e-commerce site sounds like a good solution. Also linking your site to BuildersInventions. Maybe add a forum?

Jeff Hitzler said:

Mike,

I talked to my web designer and he said there is system called a multi-store e-commerce site that can be put together. I'm guessing it could be within or coupled with this site too. It allows you to have multiple inventors selling their products. It appears as one store but when a customer picks a product from any of the inventors the order goes to that inventor and not you. So taking care of the ordering and shipping is done by the inventor and not you. There's more to it but that you'd need to discuss with a web designer.

Jeff

There may be an opportunity to cross link your site and mine. Mine will have the education part you were interested. Shoot me your direct email address to innovatorsatlas@gmail.com and I'll set you up with a preview.

Mike,

My web guy is Robb at www.schemedia.com if you want to discuss the multi store ecommerce site. My site does have a forum.

Jeff

Thanks!

I'm currently developing the new Construction Guild site. I have a top SEO expert on board. She is the author of this:  http://sterlingpr.com/tag/harry-potter/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Mike.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service